If you are employed and receive medical or health benefits at work, you may be covered for counselling. Many Employee Assistance Programs provide funding for a certain amount of counselling sessions. For more information, please refer to your company insurance plan or Employee Assistance Plan.

If you are paying for counselling with your own funds, counselling sessions through Bradford Counselling Service can be claimed on your income tax as a medical expense. Since September 26, 2012, counselling provided by a registered social worker (RSW) has been a claimable medical tax deduction. For more information, please refer to the 
Canada Revenue Agency website’s authorized medical practitioners for the purposes of claiming medical expenses